Friday 13 August 2010

Pattypan Pasta and the Etsy Blog

This week has been so lovely on the food blog front, I have guest blogged for Walden Local Food and today my blog for the Etsy Storque is up, check out the UK Edition for a yummy recipe for Rhubarb and Blueberry Cobbler. Thanks so much to Amity from Etsy for suggesting I guest on there!


After all this excitement I am popping in with a quick and lovely recipe for a summer squash pasta dish.
I picked up these really cute squashes (yes I bought them because they are cute) at the market last Saturday. I have been trying to get my hands on pattypan squash for a while, they are one of the best squashes to eat - sweet and tender.

If you work quickly it will all come together in the time it takes to cook the pasta.

I started by topping and tailing three squashes and slicing them very finely.
I fried them off with a glove of garlic in some butter til they were a little bit browned and soft. Then I added oregano, seasoning, chili flakes and a tablespoon of creme fraiche, and stirred to combine.
Once the pasta was ready, I drained it, added it back to the pan with the squash, some water reserved from the spaghetti and some parma ham cut into ribbons (4 slices was good enough for 2 of us).
Served with some freshly grated parmesan and lots of black pepper.



This pasta was so perfect for summer (we'll ignore the fact that it was raining a lot outside) - very light and with lots of fresh flavour. I'll definitely make it again!

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I followed the cobbler crumbs from the Storque to check out your blog. :)
    We grow white patty pans. They are cute.
    Loved your Storque article.

    ReplyDelete