Sunday 1 January 2012

Vegetarian Pho

First of all, Happy New Year everyone! Hope you all had a lovely Christmas.


 I've never had Pho before, but I've read lots about it and it seems to be one of those dishes which is amazing and also comes with strict rules about what should be in it. I'd never come across Vegetarian Pho before until I saw it on Miss Igs' blog recently.


Whilst I don't believe detox works, after all the indulgences of Christmas and New Year this is perfect to cut through all the roast dinners, cheese boards and tins of chocolate consumed in such a small amount of time.


This recipe appeals to my organised / neat freak nature as you assemble all the ingredients in to little bowls ready to put together when the broth is done. Some chopped coriander, sliced spring onions, diced chillies, steamed pak choi and thin strips of fried smoked tofu. You can make all this up before serving or lay them out on the table and let everyone garnish as they eat.


Click here for the full recipe on Miss Igs' blog (and lots of other lovely recipes from a fellow Cambridge food blogger).
As mentioned I had shallow fried smoked sesame tofu (lovely, full of flavour) and some steamed pak choi with my Pho. I've got lots of broth leftover too, which I am going to stash in the freezer for a day when I am struck down with a rotten cold.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, that looks lovely. I'm intrigued by the smoked tofu - looks rather tasty. Where did you get it from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good old Waitrose! They also do a Basil tofu which I am going to try, although not sure if it goes with asian dishes or european?

    ReplyDelete