Wednesday 13 June 2012

The Saffron Ice Cream Company



The Saffron Ice Cream Company are a small business not to far from me making fantastic ice cream from a little barn in the wilds of North West Essex. I thought I'd do a little shout out for these guys and my local readers! They have a regular slot at the Saffron Walden market on a Saturday and I've also seen their ice cream being sold in the Eight Bells pub and also my favourite new tea room, Teacake in Shepreth.

The focus is on mainly locally produced ingredients and seasonal flavours. They have a 'seasonal flavour chart' which tells you when the different flavours are produced depending on the time of year, which is such a brilliant idea, I love it. Right now Henham Honey & Lavender and Summer Strawberries & Cream are in season. They also have year round mainstays - Chocolate, Vanilla and Ginger. And even better the ice creams are produced without any horrible preservatives that you can't pronounce.

If you spot them on your travels I urge you to try them out, they sell little and big tubs at the market, and also at these farm shops in Cambridgeshire.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment